Re: [Exim] PGsql lookup - strange behaviour ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Robert Gomulka
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] PGsql lookup - strange behaviour ?
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Robert Gomulka wrote:

> > If mail arrives for "postmaster", it directs "postmaster". The aliasing
> > turns it into "ph10". Then that is directed by itself. It is not an
> > alias, so the aliasfile director declines and passes it on to the next
> > director. Eventually it hits the localuser director, which sends it to a
> > transport.
>
> Well, so I do the same thing in a different way. Instead of eventually
> passing it to localuser director, it hits my first virtual_localuser director
> with "transport" set. When transport is set, original address is passed to
> that transport, exactly like in localuser director. So the final effect is
> the same :) Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, correct. But why? Why use aliasfile when you have a transport? It
is confusing. (In fact, in Exim 4, things are more clearly separated and
you can't do it this way, precisely to avoid the confusion.)

If you want to set up a director "send this/these addresses to this
transport", then a smartuser director is a much clearer way of
specifying it.

xxx:
driver = smartuser
domains = ....