Re: [Exim] PGsql lookup - strange behaviour ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Robert Gomulka
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] PGsql lookup - strange behaviour ?
Dnia Wto 17. Lipiec 2001 12:12, Philip Hazel napisał:

> virtual_alias:
>    driver = aliasfile
>    domains = "lsearch;/etc/exim/aliases/domains"
>    file=/etc/exim/aliases/${domain}/aliases
>    search_type = "lsearch*@"
>    qualify_preserve_domain

> xxxx:
> driver = aliasfile
> domains = /FILES
> search_type = lsearch
> file = /OTHER_FILES

Looks similar, don't you think?

> If mail arrives for "postmaster", it directs "postmaster". The aliasing
> turns it into "ph10". Then that is directed by itself. It is not an
> alias, so the aliasfile director declines and passes it on to the next
> director. Eventually it hits the localuser director, which sends it to a
> transport.

Well, so I do the same thing in a different way. Instead of eventually
passing it to localuser director, it hits my first virtual_localuser director
with "transport" set. When transport is set, original address is passed to
that transport, exactly like in localuser director. So the final effect is
the same :) Correct me if I am wrong.

The way messages are going in my config is:
director a looks for alias, creates new mail, which goes to second aliasfile
director with transport set. that director passes message to transport
The way messages are going in your config is:
director a looks for alias, creates new mail, which goes to localuser
director. that director passes message to transport

Thank you,
Robert