Re: [Exim] header syntax checks

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Sheldon Hearn
CC: Phil Chambers, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] header syntax checks
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > RFC 2822, which has replaced RFC 822, does not require any recipient
> > fields.
>
> Was it a requirement in RFC 822? If so, I finally understand why so
> many mail clients insist on doing something stupid with To: when Bcc: is
> used.

Yes, it was.

     August 13, 1982              - 38 -                      RFC #822

     Standard for ARPA Internet Text Messages

     A.3.  COMPLETE HEADERS

     A.3.1.  Minimum required

     Date:     26 Aug 76 1429 EDT        Date:     26 Aug 76 1429 EDT
     From:     Jones@???   or   From:     Jones@???
     Bcc:                                To:       Smith@???

        Note that the "Bcc" field may be empty, while the  "To"  field
        is required to have at least one address.