Re: [Exim] header syntax checks

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Phil Chambers
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] header syntax checks
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Phil Chambers wrote:

> I note that headers_check_syntax does not go so far as to reject a message which
> does not have at least one recipient field (To:, Cc: etc.), as is required by RFC822.

RFC 2822, which has replaced RFC 822, does not require any recipient
fields.

> Is there any prospect of this being available in Exim 4?

So, no, I'm afraid not.

But all is not lost if you wish to enforce the old standard[*]. You will be
able to program such a check for yourself in the ACL that gets run after
a message's data has been accepted (but before the SMTP response is
given).

[*] Note, however, that an empty Bcc: header line is valid in RFC 822.
So enforcing the old standard doesn't gain you very much.