Re: [Exim] Which DB/DBM libraries to use with Exim-3.31 and …

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Oliver Cook
Para: Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. G8TIC
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Which DB/DBM libraries to use with Exim-3.31 and RedHat 7.0 ?
On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 04:49:02PM +0100, Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. G8TIC wrote:
> Okay,
>
> I've fiddled with the Makefile in the build-linux-i386 directory and got it
> to build against db1 by changing this:
>
> # From OS/Makefile-Linux
> BASENAME_COMMAND=look_for_it
> CFLAGS=-O -I/usr/include/db1/ -L/usr/lib/            <- changed
> DBMLIB = -ldb1                                                  <- changed
> USE_DB = yes
> LIBS = -lnsl -lcrypt

> haven't tested it in anger (yet).

Haven't built it, or haven't tested what got built? Not sure
which you meant! :)

In any case, if you haven't built it yet I would suggest just
overriding CFLAGS and DBMLIB in your Local/Makefile and leave the
ones in OS and build-linux-i386 well alone.

The changes you have made are appropriate, if the header
files are where you say they are and if ldconfig will recognise
-ldb1 (check with ldconfig -p|grep db1)

If you meant you haven't tested the built binary, then I
believe there is some DBM testing stuff in the tarball. It's
documented in dbm.discuss.txt in the doc directory IIRC.

Ollie
--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065