Re: [Exim] Exim 4

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
CC: exim-users, Volker Philippent
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:38:30 +0100, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> I can understand the current system - if it goes wrong I can fix it.

The generated GNU configure scripts are generally pretty comprehensible.
:-)

> autoconf might start adding new features because I have the libraries for
> them. Just because I have pam/ldap/... installed it doesn't mean that I
> want them compiled into exim

Good GNU configure scripts are usually chock-full of "--enable-foo"
switches.

Once you've had the experience of trying to wedge Exim into another
build structure (like a BSD port or a RedHat SRPM), you'll wish it used
GNU configure.

However, last time I asked Philip about this, he didn't seem too keen
on the idea. From what I remember, he wasn't really concerned with GNU
configure per se, but rather that his style of platform-conditional
coding would be difficult to support with GNU configure.

Ciao,
Sheldon.