Re: [Exim] Exim 4

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: exim-users, Volker Philippent
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Volker Philippent wrote:

> Hello Philip,
>
> just a short question on your statement from another sunject:
>
> >I'm not inclined to change things now, because it will all be different
> >in Exim 4.
>
> Is Exim 4 intended to use GNU Autoconf instead of several different system
> configurations, as it does now?

I'm not sure I like that idea.

There are platforms supported by exim 3 (not necessarily exim 4)
that I wouldn't trust autoconf anywhere near.

I can understand the current system - if it goes wrong I can fix it.

autoconf might start adding new features because I have the libraries for
them. Just because I have pam/ldap/... installed it doesn't mean that I
want them compiled into exim

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna