Re: [Exim] Want soft failure when a file lookup fails

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: robert rotman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Want soft failure when a file lookup fails

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:40:12 +0200, robert rotman wrote:

> I don't understand your question?

You seem to understand my question well enough, you just don't seem to
understand why I want what I want. That's fair enough, since I
neglected to mention in my original message that this is of academic
interest to me. :-)

> an 4xx error is a good choice for your problem.

That's where you're wrong. :-)

What Exim does right now is this:

1) If an lsearch fails because the key is not found, the expansion is
null or <string2> after expansion. I've ommitted <string2>.

2) If an lsearch fails because of a "system failure" (e.g. open()),
the expansion fails, breaking the caller (smtp_banner in this case).

I want to know whether there's a way to control the way Exim handles a
"system failure".

I don't really care about the smtp_banner. Looking at the Exim spec,
there doesn't seem to be a way to cause a system failure in a lookup to
evaluate to null or <string2> if supplied. I just want to know whether
I've missed some way. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.