Re: [Exim] Calling Perl

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Malcolm Beattie
A: Malik Baichi
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Calling Perl
Malik Baichi writes:
> I have problems installing Exim, especially when it comes to execute a PERL
> subroutine or accessing MySql, and I have the same error when I use the
> relevant commands/expressions.
> My problem is very simple. I have a .forward file from which I would like to
> call a PERL subroutine.
>
> # Exim filter
>
> ${perl{my_subroutine}}
>
> That's it. When I receive an email, the filtering starts as the debugging
> outputs show, and the following error is returned:
>
> Filter: start of processing
> Filter: end of processing
> Filter error: unknown filtering command "${perl{my_subroutine}}" near

                                  ^^^^^^^

${perl{...}} is an expansion that can be used in place of a variable,
not a whole command.

> line 14 of filter file
> search_tidyup called
>
> However when I do from the prompt:
>
> exim -be    // Carriage Return
> >${perl{my_subroutine}}

> The PERL script is called and executed properly with the expected result (it
> is just a subroutine with a PRINT). However,

Maybe "exim -be" is doing an initial expansion before executing
your command.

You need to write a proper filter file which includes your Perl
expression somewhere in it. For example, something like (untested):

    if error_message then finish endif
    if ${perl{my_subroutine}} is not "ok" then finish endif

and then have your Perl subroutine return "ok" when everything's OK.

--Malcolm

--
Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie@???>   <-- This email address will break
Unix Systems Programmer                   when I quit OUCS on Jul 20th. Send