Re: [Exim] SMTP auth

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeff Green
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP auth
At 09:44 AM 7/11/01 , Erik Mathisen wrote:

>Well, I went and read that over and over, still doesn't make any sense
>to me. I did what is said in the beginning, telneted to port 25 and
>issues a EHLO command and it gave me a 501 error. Then i issued the
>exim -bP authenticator_list command and it did not return anything.
>It seems to me that other people have to use this feature, yet, it is
>very hard to find any documentation that makes sense. The manual
>doesnt make any sense (to me atleast) and is very obscure.

While I understand your plight (I'm there myself), blaming the documentation
will get you nowhere here. Unfamiliarity with terminology gets in my way, but
the more I learn the more the docs answer my questions. It takes me several
readings to get some of the concepts down, and how to accomplish SMTP auth
isn't one I've absorbed yet. Perhaps I'm just slow, but I'd rather believe that's
the norm.

>If I can get this working, I will write a howto for this subject, as I believe
>it will be a great help to others.

Not a bad idea. I'll be watching for it.

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com        Networking Las Vegas Since 1986