Re: [Exim] SMTP auth

Author: Erik Mathisen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP auth
Well, I went and read that over and over, still doesn't make any sense
to me. I did what is said in the beginning, telneted to port 25 and
issues a EHLO command and it gave me a 501 error. Then i issued the
exim -bP authenticator_list command and it did not return anything.
It seems to me that other people have to use this feature, yet, it is
very hard to find any documentation that makes sense. The manual
doesnt make any sense (to me atleast) and is very obscure. If I can
get this working, I will write a howto for this subject, as I believe
it will be a great help to others.

Any more suggesstions?

Thanks,

Erik