[Exim] Backup MX using exim

Autor: Wayne Pascoe
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Backup MX using exim
Hi there,

I am (finally) about to setup backup MX servers for some of my mail
servers. I've had a look through the archives, and I have some
questions:

1. I see that people advise increasing the retry time on the backup
server. Would this kind of rule be acceptable ?
*                      *           F,1d,30m; G,4d,4h; F,100d,8h

2. I have to tell the server that it is ok to relay for any of the
domains. Can I do this in a dbm file as I would for my forwardings, or
should this be done in the config file ?

3. I don't want this machine to attempt local delivery for any of the
domains that it is a backup server for. How do I make this the case?

4. Is there any way that I can specify on a per domain basis which
server I want the backup to try and relay to, or is this done based on
the lowest MX record in that domain's DNS ?

Thanks in advance...

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@???