Re: [Exim] How to reject sender

Author: Daniel Einspanjer
To: imran, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to reject sender
You should first try running the following test and see if you can either find out yourself what went wrong, or be able to provide the list with more detailed information as to the symptoms.

# exim -bh <ip address>

This tests fakes an SMTP session (if you don't know what an SMTP session looks like, you need to look at RFC2821, Appendix D will get you started) so you can pretend to be the sender you are wanting to reject and see what exim is "thinking" during the session. Specifically, after you do the MAIL from: <sender@???>, you will see everything that exim checks in regards to that address. If you can't resolve the problem with this information, send it to the list along with the appropriate lines in your exim.conf and someone will be much better equipped to help you.

-- Daniel Einspanjer, daniel-ml@??? on 07/10/2001