Re: [Exim] Filtering against W32/Magistr?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kevin Sindhu
Para: Juha Saarinen
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Filtering against W32/Magistr?
On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 01:33:18PM +1200, Juha Saarinen penned:
> As some people have kindly entered my address into their Windows address
> books, I'm getting a fair share of infected emails.

How nice of them;-)
> I don't really want
> to expose my Windows boxes to W32/Magistr (it's nasty), but I'm not
> convinced that the system filter picks them up... one got through just
> now, with a "STARS.EXE" attachment.
> How could filter out nasties like W32/Magistr?

---end quoted text---

Here are two ways:

1) Free

Get the system_filter from http://www.exim.org/system_filter.exim and
install it . It'll take care of almost all your problems

2) Commercial/Eval

Get one of the Anti-Virii solutions from McAfee/RAV etc. and install
amavis or exiscan.

I personally have used both, and prefer exiscan over amavis

HTH

-Kevin

--
The wages of sin are high but you get your money's worth.