Re: [Exim] Refilter messages?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Adam Warner
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Refilter messages?
On 09 Jul 2001 07:11:39 +0200, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2001-07-09 at 17:01 +1200, Adam Warner gifted us with:
> > I'm still searching the documentation for the ability to refilter
> > messages after they have already been received (i.e. they are in
> > /var/mail/$user).
> >
> > I'm running Debian unstable and I'm using a .forward file in the
> > relevant user's directory. After I edit the .forward file I hope it can
> > be re-executed on the existing mail.
>
> Do you have procmail installed? If so, the easiest way to re-process
> mail is simply to re-mail it to the user.
>
> Being very naughty ;^) and digging out a mail which I wrote at work and
> forwarding it on here ...
>
> -----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------
> Subject: Reprocessing a mail-folder
>
> Routine for resending email in a mail-folder, either to a remote address
> or just to let it be re-handled by the MTA, so that, eg, procmail gets
> invoked again, or .forward files get used, as appropriate.
>
> # su - theuser
> theuser$ lockfile -ml
> theuser$ cp $MAIL MailCopy
> theuser$ echo -n >$MAIL
> theuser$ ls -l $MAIL
> [ check that it has length 0 ]
> theuser$ lockfile -mu
> theuser$ formail <MailCopy -Y -s \
> /usr/exim/bin/exim -oep -odf -oi the_address

Thanks for the advice. I tried it out and it would have worked if my
filter was correct :-) (duh, I just ended up sending everything to the
mailbox again). I've followed the filter testing advice to finally get
the filter working.

I should have guessed there would be some way to refilter messages, even
if it turns out to be a bit of a kludge.

Many thanks,
Adam