Re: [Exim] backup outgoing mail

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Frank Neuber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] backup outgoing mail
On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 07:55:59PM +0200,
Frank Neuber <frank.neuber@???> is thought to have said:

> Now I have one question about installing Exim togeter with courier-imap.
> Could you tell me where can I find informations about how to configure
> exim in this matter. At the courier-imap site my search was not successful
> :-)

All you need to do is set Exim to deliver to a Maildir mailbox. See
chapter 15 of the specification. In particular 15.3 for details.

In short you need to build Exim with SUPPORT_MAILDIR in your
Local/Makefile and set maildir_format in your local delivery transport.

Personally I use:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
maildir_format
directory = /var/mail/${local_part}/Maildir
create_directory = true
check_string = ""
escape_string = ""
prefix = ""
suffix = ""
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add

and use userdb with Courier IMAP. If you use any other auth method I
believe you'll have set directory to be appropriate for your users'
$HOME/Maildir

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality