Re: [Exim] O'Reilley's Exim Book - Publishing Date

Author: David Burton
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] O'Reilley's Exim Book - Publishing Date
exim-users-request@??? wrote:

> Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 07:53:09 +0200
> From: Phil Pennock <Phil.Pennock@???>
> To: cliff@???
> Cc: exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [Exim] O'Reilley's Exim Book - Publishing Date
>
> On 2001-07-07 at 20:49 -0800, cliff@??? gifted us with:
> > Last month they said "In June".
> > Now the O'reilly website says "In July".
>
> When I go to <http://www.ora.com/> the very first book listed is the
> Exim book. The text just above states "Hot off the Press!". Clicking
> on the title or cover thumbnail takes me to
> <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/exim/> where there is an ISBN number
> listed and a publication date of "July 2001".
>
> Why do you feel that the book is not available. :^)

1. Because O'Reilly emailed me early last week, in reply to my
question ("when?"), and said that the book has been delayed but they
expected to start shipping it to dealers on Friday, June 6, 2001.
Unless they beat that date, I doubt that the bookstores have it yet.

O'Reilly has addresses in Mass. and Calif.. I wonder which address
the book ships from? (I ordered it from a Mass. online bookstore,
www.bookpool.com, where it is currently backordered.)

2. Most of the online bookstores still show it as out-of-stock,
backordered, etc.:
http://www.addall.com/New/compare.cgi?dispCurr=USD&isbn=0596000987&state=NC

Not all, though. Amazon's site now claims to have it. I wonder
whether they really do?

Well, if I don't hurry up and leave, I'll be late for church. Caio.

-Dave