Re: [Exim] All mail-->single user-->IMAP directories

Author: Adam Warner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] All mail-->single user-->IMAP directories
On 07 Jul 2001 12:39:07 +1200, Adam Warner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> [I've tried using the search engine to find answers to these queries.
> The closest I've come is a post by Philip Hazel regarding forwarding
> mail using smartuser].
>
> I'm a new exim user (running on Debian unstable). Here's is what I want
> to achieve:
>
> 1) All mail sent to *@whatever.domain goes to a single user (i.e. I
> don't want rejections saying the user is unknown). Yes, I want any mail
> sent to multiple domains to go to one sole user (me).
>
> 2) That mail is moved to the home directory of another user (the mail
> will be accessed using IMAP) while also sorting the mail (e.g. from
> mailing lists into specific directories).

Upon further consultation of the main manual:

Add this as the first director:

forward_all:
driver = smartuser
domains = <domain>
new_address = <user name>
qualify_preserve_domain = true
rewrite = false

rewrite = false is the key that stops any of the to/from headers being
changed when the mail is redirected to a different user.

I still have to figure out the automatic sorting into separate
directories. Exim filtering might be appropriate. If not I will look at
using procmail.

I would like to thank Philip Hazel for the great program and
documentation.

Regards,
Adam