[Exim] Installation Trouble

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Roger Ramirez
Para: Exim Users
Asunto: [Exim] Installation Trouble
Hi there.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to setting up a mail server and I'm having
trouble setting up exim. I'm using Trustix Secure Linux 1.2 with kernel
version 2.2.19-4tr. I have no other MTA running on the server.

Here are the exact steps that I follow.
Download exim-3.31.tar.gz into /usr/local/src.
groupadd exim
useradd -g exim exim
tar xzvf exim-3.31.tar.gz
cd exim-3.31
mkdir Local
cp src/EDITME Local/Makefile
vi Local/Makefile
- comment out EXIM_MONITOR (I'm not using X11 at all)
- uncomment EXIM_UID and EXIM_GID and place the proper ID's for each line
- uncomment INFO_DIRECTORY
- uncomment SPOOL_DIRECTORY
make
make install
cd /usr/exim/bin
./exim -bV
- I get no errors. I get the version number and build date as the
documentation says I should.

After this I try to test exim to mail to a local user.

root@montreal /usr/exim/bin# ./exim -v -bt chariot
LOG: 0 MAIN PANIC
system_aliases director: failed to open /etc/aliases for linear search: No
such file or directory
chariot@montreal cannot be resolved at this time:
failed to open /etc/aliases for linear search: No such file or directory

I do not have an /etc/aliases and I can only guess its because I don't have
a pop server on this machine (did I mention I was a total newbie to mail?)

So I decide to move on anyways and test exim on a remote email account.
root@montreal /usr/exim/bin# ./exim -v -bt chariot@???
From: chariot@???
deliver to chariot@???
router = lookuphost, transport = remote_smtp
host vds0.7thpanther.com [209.43.95.145] MX=10

This seems to work fine. So I go ahead and try to send out a message.

root@montreal /usr/exim/bin# ./exim chariot@???