Re: [Exim] quota?

Author: robert rotman
To: Sergey V. Artjushkin
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] quota?
On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Sergey V. Artjushkin wrote:

> Hello Robert.
>
> robert rotman wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Sergey V. Artjushkin wrote:
> >
> >>Hello
> >>
> >>Colleagues,
> >>I'm trying to use quota option to limit users mailbox.
> >>As I understand from documentation,
> >>this is options of appendfile drivers.
> >>Where in configuration file I have to write this options?
> >>In section about TRANSPORTS CONFIGURATION ?
> >>

> > Yes.
>
> Hm.
>
> I wrote config like this:
>
> local_delivery:
>    driver = appendfile
>    file = /var/mail/$local_part
>    delivery_date_add
>    envelope_to_add
>    return_path_add
>    group = mail
>    mode = 0600
>    quota = 300K
>    quota_is_inclusive = true
>    quota_warn_threshold = 80%
>    quota_warn_message = "\
>          To: $local_part@$domain\n\
>          Subject: Size of Your mailbox\n\n\
>          This message is automatically created \
>          by mail delivery software.\n\n\
>          The size of your mailbox has exceeded \
>          a warning threshold that is\n\
>          set by the system administrator.\n"

> Size of my mailbox is 298057 bytes. When I send big letter and
>
> this letter isn't delivered by exim due to quota exceeded, exim
> only write log about this and don't send any messages, that
> inform sender about full mailbox. Is there any opportunity
> to force exim to do it?

exim always writes a return message.
ist there somthing in the log that exim wants to write back an could not
for som reason?
eg:
msgid of the return      msgid of the message
^                        ^
15IiZe-0007tZ-00 <= <> R=15IiZb-0007tF-00

waht says exim -d9 when you send a message to the a full mailbox.

> And one more question.
> As you see, the size of my mailbox is more then 80% from 300K.
> So why I didn't receive warning message anout it?

you only get a message when exim is able to deliver a message that fits
into the mailbox AND is over the quota_warn_threshold.
normally message_size_limit is much smaller than the quota so this
will not hurt.

Robert