Re: [Exim] Debug log added on to end of mails?!?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Lorens Kockum
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Debug log added on to end of mails?!?
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Lorens Kockum wrote:

> I have therefore put -d12 -df on the exim options in inetd.conf.

Unless you really understand what you are doing, do not put -d on Exim
options in inetd.conf.

> According to docs, that should cause stderr output, not
> additions to the bodies of the mail.

It should cause writing to the file that you defined when you built
Exim by setting the STDERR_FILE option in Local/Makefile. However, this
is an ancient hacked up system, which I do not recommend using.

A better way to get debugging output from inetd is to replace the Exim
command with a command to run a script. The script can contain something
like this

#! /bin/sh

/path/to/exim -bs -d12 2>/some/path/debugout

> I have seen some
>
> 2001-07-03 23:13:32 15HXUB-0001R6-00 Format error in spool file 15HXUB-0001R6-00-H: size=2199
> 2001-07-03 23:13:32 15HXUB-0001R6-00 Message removed because older than 4d
>
> but these Format errors do not correspond to messages with extra
> lines.

Format errors are always worrying. I don't suppose we can find out much
more about this one though. I suppose some kind of disc error could
cause it.