Re: [Exim] Why no man pages for Exim on FreeBSD?

Author: Dave C.
To: Juha Saarinen
CC: Sheldon Hearn, Tabor J. Wells, exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Why no man pages for Exim on FreeBSD?
I must again speak up for the simple - I find the the plain ASCII text
version of the specification the easiest to use. In fact, its the only
one I've ever needed. Pipe it into your favorite pager and it works just
like a man page. It even includes a handy search function!

Just type:

cat spec.txt | grep <what-you-want-to-look-for-here>

Indexes, cross-references, page numbers and pretty-printing don't add
anything to documentation for me. The ability to easily and quickly read
it, even if I was stuck on a VT100 terminal with a 1200BPS connection,
is much more useful.