Re: [Exim] Tests needed: semaphores

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Tests needed: semaphores
At 14:39 +0100 7/3/2001, Philip Hazel wrote:
>I'm considering making use of semaphores in Exim 4 for things like
>preventing simultaneous identical ETRN runs.

Mac OS X 10.0.4 with the as-shipped developer CD contents installed. There
is an update to the Developer stuff which I have not downloaded. Compiler
(named cc) is Apple's gcc:

john% cc -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/2.95.2/specs
Apple Computer, Inc. version gcc-926, based on gcc version 2.95.2 19991024
(release)

Compiling required changing one include, since the original failed with
file not found:

diff /Users/John/Desktop/semtest.c semtest.c
3c3
< #include <sys/sem.h>
---
> #include <sys/semaphore.h>

Running failed:

john% ./a.out
343 semget failed: Operation not supported
[localhost:/tmp] john% 344 semget failed: Operation not supported

(I haven't looked into why. Or into why the output looks like that. Or
whether my source change was rational.)

--John