Re: [Exim] 3.31 with minimal compiled-in stuff won't fscking…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: S. Joel Bernstein
CC: John Burnham, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] 3.31 with minimal compiled-in stuff won't fscking compile
On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, S. Joel Bernstein wrote:

> my point was, if it's in the makefile, it's either os-independent in which
> case *insert -lwrap*, or it's os-dependent in which case there're rules for
> it...

Well, I'm not an expert in TCP wrappers. I suppose it's os-independent
in that it is probably something you install as an extra. OTOH, it's
os-dependent in that you might install it in various places. For all I
know, there may be an OS that has it installed as standard and you don't
need -lwrap at all.

I'm afraid I rather assumed that anybody who had installed TCP wrappers
on their system would know how to build programs to use it. This was a
mistake, so I added what little I knew to the Exim manual. I will add a
bit more to the EDITME (but probably not till Exim 4).