Re: [Exim] delivery stalls

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] delivery stalls
Randy Bush [exim-users] <04/07/01 05:09 -0700>:
> >> Connecting to mail-h.tacky.com [666.101.52.22.25] ... connected
> >> SMTP<< 220
> >> ****************************************************************************2*************
> > This is the sign of a Cisco Pix "Mailguard" smtp firewall.
>
> and all failures seem to be with those!

Broken by design I guess - and hiding a broken mailer behind them. If I had
a beer for every cisco pix hidden mailserver I've seen refusing connections
(and there's a local - and popular - webmail service which hides a perfectly
secure qmail install behind a pix) I'd be tolerably drunk :)

> one where postings to public lists do not compromise privacy of people's
> mail sources or destinations.

oh i see - you had me thrown a bit.

The solution is for whoever's running that PiX to

1. upgrade and secure his MTA
2. stop pix from monitoring port 25 (no fixup protocol smtp 25 I think)

     -suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org