RE: [Exim] Why no man pages for Exim on FreeBSD?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Juha Saarinen
CC: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Why no man pages for Exim on FreeBSD?
On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> Aiiee!!! Philip's a vi-phile!

Oh dear! Better stamp on that one quickly.

I am absolutely not! I only used it in that example because every Unix
has vi. The only time I use it is when I am on a strange system that
doesn't have the editor I normally use on it. (And since I wrote that
editor, most strange systems don't have it until I put a copy in my
~/bin. And usually install a private terminfo or termcap that drives
xterm in a better way than the default.)

I can just about remember how to do simple on-screen edits with vi, but
find it a very odd interface.