RE: [Exim] Why no man pages for Exim on FreeBSD?

Autor: Juha Saarinen
A: 'Philip Hazel'
CC: 'Sheldon Hearn', 'Tabor J. Wells', exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Why no man pages for Exim on FreeBSD?
:: Well, the simplest is
::
:: vi exim-distrib-directory/doc/spec.txt
::
:: :-)

Aiiee!!! Philip's a vi-phile!

:: I am not prepared to maintain both the comprehensive
:: reference manual,
:: AND separate man pages containing the same information.
:: Also, I cannot
:: see any easy way of automatically generating man pages from
:: the manual.
:: And how would you split up the manual into man pages? One
:: per chapter?
:: In that case, why not just use the HTML format? It has an index and
:: table of contents, which are necessary adjuncts to a document of that
:: size.

Well, if you were a FreeBSD user, you would understand why I ask for man
pages. They're a funny lot... you say: "How are you?" and they reply
"man (7) howami".

Still, there should be a way to automagically man'ify stuff... should I
dig around?

-- Juha