[Exim] exim and postgresql

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Cherubini Enrico
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] exim and postgresql
Hi there,
maybe my question is near to be a FAQ, but I did not find any solution on
google, so I ask to you. I have compiled exim with postgresql support and
made a debian package (if you need it I can send it). Now, trying to make it
works, I have this error:

2001-07-04 10:24:19 15HhxJ-0001Lq-00 == pippo@???
T=virtual_localdelivery defer (-1): Expansion of
"/var/spool/mail/${username}" (file or directory name for
virtual_localdelivery transport) failed: unknown variable in "${username}"

the user pippo is in the database, in a table schema I took on
groups.google.com, adding a field uid. I suppose the error can be solved
using a line
user = ${variable with the uid from db}
but I'm not able to access to data extract from db, neither username,
neither uid (user 'pippo' is not in the passwd).
Here is what I changed in exim.conf:

pgsql_servers = localhost/db/user/pwd
virtual_localdelivery:
driver = appendfile
group = mail
mode = 0660
mode_fail_narrower = false
envelope_to_add = true
#file = /var/spool/mail/${local_part}
file = /var/spool/mail/${username}
virtual_localuser:
driver = aliasfile
transport = virtual_localdelivery
# a list of domains you do email for, simular to sendmail.cw
#domains = lsearch;/mail/conf/domains
search_type = pgsql
query = "select username from exim where username='$local_part' and
domain='$domain'"

how can I access data from db query ?

Or is all wrong what I did ?

--

Bye
                            +--------+ Maybe you are searching for freedom
                            | Enrico |    Maybe you can't find it anywhere
                            +--------+          I found it in linux.......

``I think he has a Napoleonic concept of himself and his company, an arrogance
    that derives from power and unalloyed success, with no leavening hard
 experience, no reverses,'' Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson says of Bill Gates.