RE: [Exim] eximon queue update problem

Author: Hubbard, Matt
To: 'Philip Hazel'
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] eximon queue update problem
> > 2. It might be keeping the data correctly, but failing to clear the
> > display before writing the new list. The clearing is a very simple
> > function:
> >
> > /*************************************************
> > *               Empty the widget                 *
> > *************************************************/

> > void text_empty(Widget w)
> > {
> > XawTextBlock b;
> > b.firstPos = 0;
> > b.ptr = (char *)(&b);
> > b.format = FMT8BIT;
> > b.length = 0;
> > XawTextReplace(w, 0, 999999, &b);
> > }
> >
> > (This is in the exim_monitor/em_text.c source file.) You
> > could add some
> > debugging and see if it helps. For example, change the last line to
> >
> > printf("**** About to wipe the text display\n");
> > sleep(5);
> > printf("**** Pow!\n");
> >
> > XawTextReplace(w, 0, 999999, &b);
> >
> > printf("**** It should be empty now\n");
> > sleep(5);
> >

> > The output will go to stdout and should appear on your screen.
>
> I added in the debugging you suggested, it looks like the
> XawTextReplace
> call is failing.. the second of your scenarios.
>
> The mainlog tail text-box appears to be behaving strangely
> too. The window
> scrolls to the far right of the horizontal scroll. I didn't
> bring it up
> before as it seemed a bit picky, but now it might add further
> weight to
> there being some discrepancy with the X libraries.
>
> I've got XFree86-4.0.3 and Xaw3d-1.5.

eximon is built using Xaw (X11/Xaw), I've modified em_hdr.h to use the Xaw3d
header files and then the "build" make file to lXaw3d, and rebuilt. In short
using the headers from the Xaw3d package instead of the XFree86-4 ones.

Now the scroll bars and buttons look rather odd, but the window is clearing
properly, the XawTextReplace call is working as expected.

Matt.