Re: [Exim] Query: exim rejects based on too many retries

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Query: exim rejects based on too many retries
On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> However, at this stage, the hassle is that whenever one of my users tries to
> send a mail to that domain, the mail is instantly bounced with "this message
> has remained in the queue for too long, no further retries ..".

Suresh, I'm afraid this is FAQ. See Q0534.

In fact that isn't what it says. It certainly doesn't say the message
has been in the queue for too long, and there *will* be further retries,
but only after the next retry time has been reached. This is a
consequence of Exim's host-based rather than message-based retrying.
Exim is saying "this host has been dead for a very long time; there's no
point in retrying for a while". You can change the behaviour - see the FAQ.

> Anybody seen this behavior before in exim?

Yup. When testing. :-)