RE: [Exim] eximon queue update problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Hubbard, Matt
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: RE: [Exim] eximon queue update problem
On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Hubbard, Matt wrote:

> These are new systems to replace our aged relays. I've now tried it with a
> personally compiled exim 3.22, 3.31 and also the RedHat Powertools rpm
> "exim-mon". And they all do the same thing. :(

Looks like some problem interacting with your system. What "Update" is
supposed to do is to scan the queue, and update the in-memory list of
messages that Eximon is keeping. Then it should empty the display, and
re-display the data it has got. So there are two places it could be
going wrong:

1. It might not be recognizing existing data, and so adding new copies
of what it already has.

2. It might be keeping the data correctly, but failing to clear the
display before writing the new list. The clearing is a very simple
function:

/*************************************************
*               Empty the widget                 *
*************************************************/

void text_empty(Widget w)
{
XawTextBlock b;
b.firstPos = 0;
b.ptr = (char *)(&b);
b.format = FMT8BIT;
b.length = 0;
XawTextReplace(w, 0, 999999, &b);
}

(This is in the exim_monitor/em_text.c source file.) You could add some
debugging and see if it helps. For example, change the last line to

printf("**** About to wipe the text display\n");
sleep(5);
printf("**** Pow!\n");

XawTextReplace(w, 0, 999999, &b);

printf("**** It should be empty now\n");
sleep(5);

The output will go to stdout and should appear on your screen.