[Exim] "Exim: The Mail Transfer Agent" book delayed; also, p…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David Burton
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] "Exim: The Mail Transfer Agent" book delayed; also, prices at various online bookstores
FYI...

Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 16:30:41 -0700
From: Rhea Howard <rheah@???>
Subject: Re: "Exim: The Mail Transfer Agent" delayed?

Dear Sir,
The release of this book was delayed; it is set to start shipping
to our customers by the end of this week.
I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience that this may have
caused. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Rhea Howard
O'Reilly Customer Service Direct
(800) 998-9938 x769

At 05:16 PM 7/2/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear O'Reilly folks,
>
>I've ordered "Exim: The Mail Transfer Agent" (ISBN 0-596-00098-7)
>fron a bookstore (BookPool.com). The book was to have been released
>in June, but it seems to still be backordered everywhere (e.g.,
>Amazon.com says on their site that it will be 3-5 weeks; see
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596000987 ).
>
>Can you tell me: has the release of this book been delayed?
>When do you now expect to ship it to bookstores?
>
>Thank you,
>
>-Dave Burton

P.S. - I checked prices at several online bookstores. Prices for
this book, shipped to NC, USA are:

Bookpool.com  $30.29
Fatbrain.com  $31.45 yesterday, $40.44 today !?!
Amazon.com    $49.43
Alldirect.com   n/a
Half.com        n/a
A1books.com     n/a

Note: the title listed seems to vary a bit ("Exim Mail Server" or
"Exim: The Mail Transfer Agent"). So search by ISBN: 0596000987.

BTW, AddAll.com is a good book price comparison site, except that the
shipping costs aren't always exactly right (which is understandable),
and they don't include alldirect.com (an online bookstore which
often has very good prices): http://www.addall.com/

-DB