Re: [Exim] Pseudo-Anonymous Remailing

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Pseudo-Anonymous Remailing
+++ Jim Knoble [exim-users] <02/07/01 21:10 -0500>:
> : None of these headers represents a threat.
> Really? Let's see:

Good for you ... but like I said, that can be fixed.

>                  ^^^^^^^^^

>           by blackehlo.cluestick.org (8.11.4/8.11.4/clue-1.0) id f631Xkf00683

    by somewhere.example.com (...snip...)

>           for exim-users@???; Tue, 3 Jul 2001 07:03:46 +0530 (IST)
>           (envelope-from mallet@???)
>                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    FreeBSD's default sendmail config inserts this (envelope-from).  So use
    an envelope from of me@??? say (check out privacy.net ... see
    what that service is)

> Looks like some guy named 'suresh' wrote this message, with an email
> address of <mallet@???>.
>
>   [...]
>                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^

$ whois example.com perhaps? Or maybe whois yahoo.com?

> Yep---definitely. And not only do we have another email address for
> him, but an actual address and telephone number as well:

Or yahoo's phone number, as the case may be.

> He's probably reachable via some address @hserus.net as well.

Right :)

> All in all, that doesn't look particularly harmless to me.

As long as you wear your tinfoil hat, it is *quite* safe. ;)

> : > Any user wanting total anonymity would want to use a 'real' anonymous
> : > remailer service.
> So what's the point of your remailer? It's like disguising yourself by

My remailer? I dont want to remain anonymous, dude. I wouldn't be posting
using my real name, and from my freebsd box over a dialup / linux box over my
office DSL, by any chance? :)

> wearing a hat, or by wearing a nametag that reads, "Hello, my name is
> Xavier," when it's really Yvonne or Zebedee. Neither fools people who
> know what you look like....

Whatever happened to "On the Internet, nobody knows you are a dog?" ;)

    --suresh