Re: [Exim] removal of exim alltogether

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] removal of exim alltogether
+++ Dave Harnsberger [exim-users] <02/07/01 16:38 -0700>:
> what is the cleanest way to remove exim from my machine all together? I
> just finished make install and haven't done anything else, and am trying
> to just remove it because it turns out postfix fits our purposes
> better. Any help is greatly appreciated.

How did you install it? If you compiled from source, just delete whatever
directory into which exim installs - /usr/exim330 for example - after
stopping all exim processes.

Then install postfix and point the symlinks /usr/sbin/sendmail,
/usr/lib/sendmail and /usr/bin/mailq to the postfix binary.

And no disrespect to postfix, but you found anything it can do that exim
can't?

    -suresh