Re: [Exim] Exim 3.31

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John W Baxter
Para: exim-users, exim-announce
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 3.31
At 11:34 +0100 7/2/2001, Philip Hazel wrote:
>1. An address longer than 256 bytes could cause Exim to crash. Change 38 for
>3.30 limits local addresses to 512 bytes (the RFC limit is
>64bytes@255bytes and
>SMTP addresses have always been limited), so the relevant vector has been
>increased to 512 bytes.

Hmmm...given that the limit for other than top-level domain names has
increased from 24 to 64 characters (bytes?), the RFC may need some
attention (if the 255 was picked to allow n levels, rather than as "this
has to be enough"). Or, perhaps, the previous RFC revision took the
impending stupidly-long names into account.

  --John (who has to suffer through a long name which we host:
portludlowwashingtonrealestatewaterfrontacreageviewdock.com    )