[Exim] return_path and appendfile transport doesn't work

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Thomas Voss
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] return_path and appendfile transport doesn't work

Hello,

I am using the appendfile transport to generate batched SMTP for an uucp
uplink. It works quite fine, but if I try change the return path (envelope
sender) using the 'return_path' statement within the transport
specification, this only affects the "Return-Path:" header if
'return_path_add' is set to true. The real envelope sender ("MAIL FROM")
is never changed.

I'm not sure, but I think this is not the way the 'return_path' statement
should work.

Here is an excerpt of a short test configuration to reproduce this
behaviour:

bsmtp_for_uucp_director:
driver = appendfile
mode = 600
bsmtp = all
bsmtp_helo
prefix =
suffix =
# Use a really reachable return path
return_path = thomas@???
# Just for debugging
return_path_add

The corresponding director does a pretty simple setup:

uucp_director:
driver = smartuser
domains = *
new_address = /var/spool/mail/uplink/uucp_batch
user = uucp
group = uucp
file_transport = bsmtp_for_uucp_director

I run Exim 3.22 #5.
The computer which exim is running on is named "my.local", and the domain
"t-online.de" is in 'local_domains'.

This is a sample message header which is output by this configuration
when sending a locally generated mail from thomas@??? to
thomas@???:

-------
HELO my.local