Re: [Exim] Exim pop3 - Where to start?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim pop3 - Where to start?
Theodore Knab <exim-users> [30/06/01 12:08 -0400]:

> I need guidance. I am new to Debian an Exim. More specifically, I need help
> figuring out what packages would work best for my needs.

> I would like to setup a pop3 server using Exim so that potential customers
> and clients can securely pop and push mail on and off the server.

Exim does SMTP / ESMTP, not pop3

> - exim is running with inetd.conf configuration Exim version 3.12 #1 built 08-Jun-2001 14:21:07

Take exim out of inetd - run as a daemon. A bit more stable that way.

> Project Needs:
> 1. encrypted email from client to server

PGP / GnuPG

> 2. easy setup/ administration (If possible apt-get install X, but I can
> also install from source.)

you should get .debs of just about everything

> 3. multiple virtual domains (potentially 10-1000) with 1-5 email addresses per domain

In which case, _dont_ run exim from inetd. Exim will do what you want quite
easily - you might want to try building exim with mysql / pgsql / ldap.
There are FreeBSD ports for it - I suppose you'll get .debs as well.

> 4. fair to good performance with high stability

Depends on several other things - not just exim

> 5. the option to create virtual domain mailman lists in the future (FAQ
> C041).

It should work - if you config it properly

> I have heard Ldap, cyrus, and mysql all thrown around on the list, but I am
> not sure how they all work together. Any clarification or references to
> documentation that clarify the usage of Exim with databases would be greatly
> appreciated.

There's a config.samples tarball on ftp.exim.org - grab it.

    -suresh