[Exim] Pseudo-Anonymous Remailing

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil White
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [Exim] Address Re-writing
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Pseudo-Anonymous Remailing
<SheepishMode>
Baaaa.
</SheepishMode>

Sorry.
My Misunderstanding. Thank you for having the time and patience to put
up with my ignorance.

I have now achieved my aim - A psuedanonymous remailing service. For
anyone else who has actually been following this thread, I include the
solution at the end of this email.

For anyone wishing to test this, without going to the trouble of setting it up,
I have also set up a working example to show you what happens, as I don't
seem to have made my previous explanation clear enough. Send an email
remailer@???
and you will get your email back, reheaded as if sent to you by one of our
users. Note the absence of (hopefully) all of the 'real' email information
headers.
Intended use:
    A wishes to send B an email, and have the ability of receiving a reply
    BUT neither want to divulge 'real' email identity
    AND neither want to reconfigure their email client.
Try it and see.

If anyone has any enhancements or suggestions regarding this, I would be
grateful hearing them. I don't feel that it's perfect yet, but it works.

On 27 Jun 2001, at 10:06, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > * The obvious approach is to use headers_remove = From
> >    except that that doesnt remove the first line
> >      From data_medica@??? Sat Sep 15 21:24:25 200

> Er, that line is not a header line in the RFC2822 sense. It is not
> present in messages as they are being processed by the MTA. It is a
> Berkeley mailbox separator line that gets added at the time of delivery.
> (You can configure Exim not to add it, but that will break your mailbox
> if you are using Berkeley format.) The addresss therein is in fact the
> envelope sender.

Remail Configuration.

Part 1)    - Registered Users
    # /etc/freeport.aliases
    # (standard alias file)
    local_username:    your.real@???

part 2) - Reply Address
    # /etc/freeport.users
    # (basically, the reverse of the above file)
    your.real@???:        Local.username

part 3) - The Exim Director
   remailer:
    domains = freeport.itmagic.ltd.uk  (or whatever)
    driver = aliasfile
    search_type = lsearch
    file = /etc/freeport.aliases
    headers_remove = From:Reply_To
    headers_add = "From: ${lookup{$sender_address}\
        lsearch{/etc/freeport.users}\
        {${sender_address}}}"