Re: [Exim] runaway logs?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Timothy H. Keitt
Asunto: Re: [Exim] runaway logs?
All the logs said were "message id xxxx is frozen" over and over again.
I thought I might be getting mail-bombed also. It turns out that all
the messages frozen in the queue were from several weeks ago (long
story: trip to Madagascar, nis server failed, local user names could not
be resolved, cron spewed undeliverable email each minute for weeks...).
I think what was happening was that tidydb (launched from cron job each
night) was simply looping over all the messages in the queue and
emitting "message frozen" log entries---they were not new incoming
messages at all. In the end "cd /var/spool/exim; for f in `ls | perl
-ne 'next if /-D$/;s/-H$//;print $_'`; do exim -Mrm $f; done" did the
trick. Thanks to all that responded.

Cheers,
Tim