Re: [Exim] runaway logs?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Timothy.Keitt
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] runaway logs?
On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Timothy H. Keitt wrote:

> 1) exim is churning away with 20-40% cpu usage and load between 1 and 2
> on an otherwise unladen machine
>
> 2) my exim logs are growing huge; tail -f shows several new entriers per
> second saying "message frozen"
>
> 3) Downloaded eximon, but its hasn't finished initializing after 20
> minutes (just keeps printing dots across the screen).
>
> Anyone know what's going on?

I suspect a tight mail loop, causing your queue to become enormous
(hence the dots - that's eximon scanning the queue). Forget Eximon. Look
at the logs with a text editor and see where the messages are coming
from.

Maybe stick queue_only in the runtime configuration and kill the daemon.
That will stop mail coming in from outside, and any from inside will
just stick on the queue. If the flood is caused by a mail loop, that
should stop it. Or if somebody outside is attacking with a mail flood
somehow.