Re: [Exim] MIME Header problem

Author: Mike Weller
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MIME Header problem
Philip wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Mike Weller wrote:
>
> > So, what "exim" feature should be turned on? "8bitmime"? Isn't that
> > a problem when we try to deliver to 7-bit smtp servers?
>
> The ONLY thing that changes in Exim if you set accept_8bitmime is that
>
>  (a) It includes 8BITMIME in its response to the EHLO command;
>  (b) It recognizes the BODY= option on MAIL commands, but does nothing
>      with it.

> There is no other effect whatsoever. Exim is not a protocol converter,
> and it is 8-bit clean.

Great, it worked! It still doesn't make sense, but I'm happy.
Adding this line to exim.conf fixed the "Content-transfer-encoding"
problem that sendmail has when sending to non-8bit smtp servers:
accept_8bitmime = true

-Mike

--
Michael J. Weller, M.Sc.               office: (972) 235-7881 x.242
weller@???                         cell: (214) 616-6340