Re: [Exim] uid/gid

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tim Waugh
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Sheldon Hearn, exim
Assunto: Re: [Exim] uid/gid
On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 12:26:19PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> If you can tell me how to persuade the C compiler to do the lookup...
>
> Actually, I'm kidding. The data is preprocessed before it gets made into
> anything the compiler sees, so I could probably make it support names.
> (The use of numbers goes back into Exim pre-history.) I'll look into it.

The question then becomes: when should the names be bound to UIDs? If
the answer is 'at build time', then the advantage over the current
situation seems quite small to me (the extra time to run 'id' if you
can't remember the numbers, over the time already spent hand-editing
EDITME).

If the answer is 'at run time', then a whole bunch of risks start to
appear.

At least with numbers the question doesn't come up. ;-)

Tim.
*/