Re: [Exim] FreeBSD 4.3 - Exim and mailer.conf

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Gordon McKee
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] FreeBSD 4.3 - Exim and mailer.conf

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:29:53 +0100, "Gordon McKee" wrote:

> Sorry, for another message so soon, but when I did a newaliase before if
> gave me some stats of what it had done - it now does not. Is this still
> rebuilding /etc/aliases or does exim use a flat file and not a db file
> for the aliases.

By default, Exim uses the /etc/aliases flat file. If you want it to use
a db, you need to adjust the system_aliases director and set bi_command
to run exim_dbmbuild.

> Also mailq does nothing - no output. Are there some flags you can put
> on the end go get a sendmail mailq output?

If it "does nothing", then either you don't have sufficient privelege to
inspect the queue and you're using a version of Exim pre-3.30, or
there's nothing in the queue. :-)

I can't think why you'd want to "get a sendmail mailq output", since the
FreeBSD port for Exim assumes that you're using it as a drop-in
replacement for sendmail. In other words, sendmail shouldn't be in use,
and it certainly shouldn't be managing a queue.

Ciao,
Sheldon.