Re: [Exim] uid/gid

Góra strony
Autor: Dave C.
Dla: Sheldon Hearn
CC: Midwest Mold, exim
Temat: Re: [Exim] uid/gid
On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:00:22 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:
>
> > Sorry to point out the obvious, but why not use the same values that you
> > used the first time you installed it? Or is this a case where you've
> > inherited a system from someone else and didnt fully understand it prior
> > to them leaving?
>
> I don't know what you're talking about. :-)

You said you were _re_installing an exim system after a crash. If you
had previously installed this system, one might hope that you knew what
uid/gid values you had used the first time you installed it, and it
would be a good idea to use those same values.

I also theorized that you might have taken over responsibility for this
server from someone else (and that the someone else had installed it),
and that person had left without passing on all of the relevant
information (such as what uid/gid exim ran under), eg, you had
'inherited' the system from a previous sysadmin.