RE: [Exim] Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.6.1, exim 3.22 - Can't open p…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gustav H Meyer
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Sheldon Hearn, exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.6.1, exim 3.22 - Can't open pipe
Hi Philip,

>> What do I need to do to send e-mail as nobody without giving
>> nobody to many permissions.
>
>Make exim setuid root.
>
>> I've got a standard installation of exim.
>
>But is it setuid root?

Ok guys, thanks for all the help you guys are great. To make a
long story short. I recompiled exim with EXIM_UID=0 and EXIM_GID=1
and now all is working. I guess that is what you mean by "Make exim
setuid root"?

Only one question left. Is it a good idea to run as root? I see some
references in the postings where guys have a separate user 'mail' for
running exim. I don't completely understand the write-up in the EDITME.

Regards,
Gustav