Re: [Exim] uid/gid

Góra strony
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Dla: Midwest Mold
CC: exim
Temat: Re: [Exim] uid/gid

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:34:01 EST, Midwest Mold wrote:

> I am re-installing exim 3.22 after a total hard drive failure. How do I
> find the proper uid & gid #'s to plug in?

Sadly, there are no "proper" values, if you take "proper" to mean
portable.

Several Linux distributions use user mta (8) and group mail (6?), which
seems sensible. The BSD's only have a standard group mail (6), no
standard user.

The traditional username for a sandboxed sendmail installation is
mailnull with no standard value.

As an aside, I'd urge you to leave these values out of the compile-time
options and supply them as values in the configuration file. That way,
you can use names instead of numbers, which may become an issue as your
installation grows beyond a single host.

Ciao,
Sheldon.