RE: [Exim] Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.6.1, exim 3.22 - Can't open p…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Gustav H Meyer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Sheldon Hearn
Υ/ο: exim-users, Philip Hazel
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.6.1, exim 3.22 - Can't open pipe
>> If I execute your code from the commandline it works 100%.
>> As soon as I add "use CGI" to enable it for the web I get
>> the same problem. In other words there's something inside
>> the CGI module that does not like sending mail via exim. :)
>
> The web server will execute yoru script as some particular user. For
> example, a default Apache configuration will execute the script as user
> nobody.

Right. Got Apache running as nobody.

> Is it possible that the message you're piping to Exim from within your
> CGI script contains headers that only trusted users are allowed to
> provide?

Which headers are trusted and which are untrusted.

> If so, is the user your script is executed as, a trusted user
> as far as Exim is concerned?

Great now we're onto something. If I execute the script on the commandline
as nobody I get the following:
2001-06-28 14:41:18 15Fb6k-00071E-00 Failed to create spool file
/var/spool/exim
/input//15Fb6k-00071E-00-D: Permission denied

Why didn't I try this before. :(

What do I need to do to send e-mail as nobody without giving nobody to many
permissions. I've got a standard installation of exim. Only simple ROUTERS
changes in the configuration file.

Regards,
Gustav