Re: [Exim] Exim and Majordomo

Góra strony
Autor: Julian King
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Exim and Majordomo

> Hi all
>
> Got majordomo and exim talking to each other quite nicely now. Got two
> problems though. When I send a message to the list to get sent out to every
> one the replay address is the address of the client that sent the message
> not the user I have specified in the config file. Secondly, the
> authentication system seems to work but any host seems to be able to send
> out the list if they know the correct email address. I have got the
> addresses that can send to the list in a file and put that into the config
> file.

Have you set majordom to be a trusted user?

> The main purpose of the list is so that one person can Email to the list and
> notify others of changes - like an announce list.

Have you looked at the exim FAQ and followed the example there? Certainly
noone should be able to send to the list and get around the restrictions
remotely. Although of course they can fake being from an allowed poster,
but that is a different issue.

> I have included my majordomo.cf file and my alias file along with the
> director bits I have in my exim conf file and the list conf file.

Your exim conf would probably have been more useful.

> majordomo.cf - renames to gdmckee.com.cf as it does virtual domains as well

*shudder* I spent ages getting it right when I was playing with virtual
domains and majordomo.

Julian