RE: [Exim] Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.6.1, exim 3.22 - Can't open p…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Gustav H Meyer
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users, Tamas TEVESZ
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.6.1, exim 3.22 - Can't open pipe
Hi,

>> Can't close pipe to /usr/local/bin/exim:
>
> Pity it doesn't tell us what the error was. I hate software
> that catches one error and obscures the evidence by giving
> you another.

I can agree to that. Thing is if I don't pass the die statement
the script just continues without any hitch whatsoever but the
mail message never get's delivered. In other words it does fail
to close but it never tells you that.

> Since this is Perl, what we need is the value
> of $! immediately after the close failed.

The close statement is as follows:
    85  close(MAIL) or die "Can't close pipe to $sendmail: $!\n";

As you can see the value of $! is passed on to the browser together
with the message. But unfortunately I can see no value to speak of.
In other words the value must be blank. The strange thing to me is
that it worked 100% on Solaris 2.7. Has any body else tested this
specific perl code on Solaris 2.6? What else could be the difference?

Regards,
Gustav