[Exim] Rewriting rules vs headers_rewrite

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Axberg Kris M Civ 502 AOS/AOI
Para: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: [Exim] Rewriting rules vs headers_rewrite
        Hello,

        I'm setting up exim 3.30 and have a question.

        I'm masquerading addresses from a private domain to a public
domain on outbound mail for ex, bob@???
<mailto:bob@host1.first.net>  appears as bob@???
<mailto:bob@host1.third.net>  .  This is working (thanks to the FAQ and the
exim-users newsgroup) using either a 'rule' in the rewrite section of the
configure file (*@*.first.net        $1@???
<mailto:$1@host1.third.net> ) or using a similar rule with the
headers_rewrite option in the smtp transport.  I've sent email using a
configuration that included either one or both of the rules at the same time
and have checked my email headers on delivery and don't see any difference
in those.

        My question:  Is one method better than the other?

        Thanks,

        Kris